An imposing Edwardian mantel c1910 in richly grained solid oak that came from an Edwardian Villa in Whalley range Manchester. It originally had hand painted tile panels around a cast iron canopy on legs.
The fluted external columns rise from turned bases to end in finely carved acanthus panels.
The huge rectangular bevelled mirror is flanked by finely turned barley twist pillars emanating from a deep sculptured shelf supported on splendid double brackets.
The moulded top shelf has dentil detail. Chunky block feet complete the impression of this magnificent awesome mantelpiece.
SOLD was £1450